Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hulkamania

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Daas tries to relate all the posts on this blog to Sikhi in one way or another. Today I was on YouTube and came across some old wrestling videos which brought back so many memories from my childhood. While growing up Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior were my favorite wrestlers. Than as Bret Hart came up I was a huge fan of his. Wrestling use to be clean, now it is full of a lot of garbage so I do not watch it.

Anyways, Hulk Hogan always stood for the good guys and for what is right in this world. He was always the 'Peoples Champion'. No matter what the odds he would stand up for whats right and end up victorious. After winning a match he would point skywards in remembrance of god. He preached taking care of your body and living a honest life. This reminded me of the Khalsa. Always standing for the truth, always standing for what is right, always going against odds. 1 Sikh is equivalent to 125,000, so Khalsa is able to overcome even the steepest odds.

I will stop rambling and leave you with a few videos below, the first one is a match between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. Notice how much smaller Hulk Hogan is compared to Andre the Giant. Upto this point Andre the Giant had not lost a match in 15years. Hulk Hogan was up against the wall, he was going against steep odds... Well I'll let you see for yourself what happens.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh







Last but not least, who can forget Wrestlemania 6 in Toronto. In my mind the best wrestling match of all time...