Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Advice to Bhai Amrik Singh


Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

This is an excerpt from a speech where Sant Jarnail Singh is giving advice to Bhai Amrik Singh after they won the AISF election. Notice how humble Sant Ji is and how loyal they are to the Panth and how they do not take anything for granted.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Regarding the (All India Sikh Students') Federation elections that have been held today, I shall quote a line. Do not draw the wrong meaning from it. I say this because it happened to me. The one who has gone through it knows better. Farid Ji has said these words: "When she was unmarried, she was excited (about marriage). Upon marriage, (she realized) there were many responsibilities. Farid, she feels sorry that she cannot become unmarried again." (There was a time) when I used to call the Sant (Sant Kartar Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale, Sant Bhindranwale's mentor) my father, was enjoying life, and boasted a lot. But since the day I, through misfortune, came to this position (Jathedar of the Damdami Taksaal) - I do not cry over it but they do not let me rest by day or by night. (Regarding) this responsibility I shall certainly tell Amrik Singh. In Satguru's presence the Panth has appointed you. The young men have honored you. I never had any doubts (about your ability). However, because of my being in the position held by the great man (Sant Kartar Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale), it is my duty to say this. Now that you have taken on this responsibility, you should have the attitude: "My head might be cut off, but may I never lose my faith as a Sikh." We must not stray from this.